Please follow these steps to set up and apply mail rules
This is useful if you have mail coming in from the Wires or Packages email and you would like it to be automatically directed to a folder other than Inbox. This is shown in the below example.
- Open Outlook.
- Create a new folder in your Outlook by right clicking on your email in the left column. Choose New Folder… and then name it Wires.
- Click on an email in your inbox that came from Wires.
- Now, on the Home tab click on Rules and then Create Rule…
- Check the box next to Sent to and choose Wires.
- Check the box next to Move the item to folder. Now click Select Folder and choose the Wires folder you just created.
- Click OK.
- In the new pop up, check the box to Run this rule now… and click OK.
- Emails from Wires should now be pulled out of your inbox and into your new folder as well as all new incoming Wires emails will go int that folder.
You can use this method for any emails that you get on a daily basis.